Mr. David Morriss, Partner, Holman Fenwick Willan LLP (HFW), to Address Industry Professionals at " India Tanker Shipping and Trade Summit 2021"
The Shipping Tribune is pleased to announce that Mr. David Morriss, Partner, Holman Fenwick Willan LLP (HFW). will be addressing the global audience at “7th India Tanker Shipping & Trade Summit”. This summit is being organised on 18th February 2021 on an online platform. Mr. David is very well-known personality in the shipping & maritime industry. This one-day conference has become a common platform for all the stakeholders, be it a refinery, oil marketing companies, Stakeholders of Gas Trade (LPG, LNG etc), ship-owners, oil terminals, law firms, P&I Clubs or ship suppliers to discuss the topics of common interests. The first six editions of the conference, held in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 were attended by several stalwarts of the industry from various shipping and maritime hubs of the world.
About Mr. David Morriss
David is a partner of Holman Fenwick Willan LLP (HFW) which is widely recognised as the world's leading law firm for shipping and international trade. He is head of HFW's India desk and is responsible for the firm's Indian clients.
David is based in HFW's London office and visits clients in India three or four times each year which has given him a deep understanding of the Indian market. He regularly speaks at conferences in India.
David's recent cases include,
A leading case on demurrage time bars. The client was successful in overturning an adverse arbitration award in the Commercial Court, and the judgment is reported.
1. An arbitration under a sale contract with claims and counterclaims in the total sum of US$4.3 million. The tribunal was chaired by Sir Bernard Eder, and the client was entirely successful.
2. A complex application for an anti suit injunction in a case involving a cargo of coal. The client was successful both in the Commercial Court and the Court of Appeal, and the judgments are reported.
3. A reported judgment on a claim for US$16 million under a suite of loan facility agreements. The hearing before the Commercial Court in London was of the client's application that the English proceedings be stayed in favour of proceedings in India. The main issue concerned the effect, under the jurisdiction clause in the loan agreements, of the fact that the bank had commenced a recovery process under the Indian SARFAESI Act.
4. A London arbitration where the client was successful in showing that a FOB seller concluded a contract of carriage as principal rather than as agent for the FOB buyer, and that the charterparty demurrage regime was incorporated into the bill of lading despite a House of Lords judgment stating that such incorporation was contrary to commercial sense.
5. A reported judgment on a client's successful claim for US$5 million demurrage. The judgment is a leading authority on the construction of force majeure clauses.
6. David is recommended for shipping by the two leading independent legal directories – the Legal 500, and Chambers & Partners.
Who Should Attend India Tanker & Trade Summit 2021
The Conference discussions are extremely useful to Oil Refineries, Oil marketing companies, Stakeholders of Gas Trade (LPG, LNG etc), Port &Terminals, Bulk Liquid Storage, Companies engaged in industrial chemicals, bulk and fertilisers Ship owners, Operators, Charterers, Cargo Interests, Port Operators, Ship & Cargo Brokers, Marine Surveyors, Ship Agents, Bunker Suppliers, Traders, Barge Operators, Financial Institutions, Insurance and Law Firms, Private Maritime Security Companies, Media, National and Regional Authorities.
Delegate Registrations Fees:
Delegate fee per person INR 5,000/- + 18% GST till 10th February 2021. Total Amount payable INR 5,900/- per [US$ 95.00]
From 11th February 2021, Delegate fee per person INR. 6,000/- + 18% GST. Total Amount payable INR 7,080/- per [US$ 114.00]
For sponsorship & delegate registration, please contact:
Capt. Virendra N. Mishra, Conference Director
Come, join us and benefit from the opportunity to connect, confer and conduct business!
#david #morris #partner #holmanfenwickwillan #shippingnews #maritimenews #shippingtribune #theshippingtribune