Panama ports first half box throughput up 14pc to 3.8 million TEU

news-details

PANAMA's ports cargo volume grew by 13.7 per cent in the first half of this 2020 to 3.8 million TEU year on year, reports Seatrade Maritime News, Colchester, England.

During the first half of 2019, growth in overall cargo volume was of 0.6 per cent.

All container ports reported positive numbers except for Colon Container Terminal (CCT) which saw a drop of 4.9 per cent, according to the Panama Maritime Authority (AMP).

The terminal of Bocas Fruit Co, dedicated to banana exports, grew 60.7 per cent; Manzanillo International Terminal (MIT-Panama), saw a 14.2 per cent increase; Balboa, 6.9 per cent; Cristobal, 16.5 per cent and PSA Panama International Terminal, 34.2 per cent.

According to the AMP report, the port system moved more than 600,000 TEU per month, but in June saw a decrease of 572,444 TEU between full and empty containers.

The Panamanian terminals moved 90 per cent of cargo as transshipments and the remaining 10 per cent as local cargo. Transshipment cargo reached 3.4 million TEU with 18.5 per cent growth, while local cargo saw a 16 per cent decrease.

Source: Schednet

You can share this post!

Related News

Comments

Leave Comments


instagram takipçi satın almak

Tik tok izlenme satın al

instagram takipçi satın almak mı istiyorsunuz ozaman sizlere türkiyenin en güvenilir sitesi olan instagramtakipz.com sitesini öneriyoruz iyi alışverişler diliyoruz.