Port of Oakland’s loaded box volume rises 7.6pc to 1.83m TEU


THE US Port of Oakland handled a record 1.83 million TEU of loaded containerised cargo in 2016, up 7.6 per cent year on year on the back of a surge in containerised exports and imports, and despite the closure of Ports America and Terminal Investment Ltd's operation at the port. 

Containerised export volumes grew 10.5 per cent, imports were up 4.7 per cent, with exports accounting for 52 per cent of loaded container volumes and imports making up the remaining 48 per cent. For December alone, exports and imports rose 13.5 per cent and 6.1 per cent, respectively.

Overall, total box volumes, including full and empty containers, reached 2.37 million TEU in 2016, a year-on-year increase of four per cent.

Source: Schednet

Previous Next

Quality Seafarers Will Always Remain in Demand: Capt Vijay Rangroo, Managing Director, MTMSM

View More Videos


India Tanker Shipping Trade Summit 2018

View All Albums