The CMA CGM Group, a world leader in container shipping, and Seatrade Group, a leading player in specialised reefer transport, have announced their collaboration on the creation of a new vessel sharing agreement incorporating the services known by CMA CGM as PAD and by Seatrade as MERIDIAN. This unique service will link Northern Europe, the East Coast of the United States, Central America, the Pacific Islands, Australia, New Zealand, Peru and the Caribbean on a weekly basis.
This new service brings together CMA CGM, SEATRADE and MARFRET and improves their frequency and port coverage.
The weekly service will have the following rotation:
* ZEEBRUGGE, LONDON GATEWAY, ROTTERDAM, DUNKERQUE, LE HAVRE,
* NEW YORK, SAVANNAH,
* KINGSTON, CARTAGENA,
* PAPEETE, NOUMEA
* BRISBANE, SYDNEY, MELBOURNE
* NELSON, NAPIER, TAURANGA
* PISCO, PAITA,
This new line will be the only one in the market to offer such coverage on a weekly basis, highlighted a release. It will:
* Provide a direct and weekly service to Papeete and Noumea from Northern Europe and the East Coast of the United States.
* Provide the only fast, direct, dedicated reefer service from New Zealand to the United States and Europe.
* Improve the supply of transport between Australia and the United States.
* Offer stop in Peru, which will include a very short transit time, to supply fruits to the United States and Europe.
13 modern geared ships with a nominal capacity between 2,200 and 2,500 TEUs will be deployed on this new line (6 CMA CGM, 6 SEATRADE and 1 MARFRET). Each will have minimum 600 reefers on board necessary to transport refrigerated goods such as fruits or meat.
The launch of the service is scheduled in October 2017, subject to validation by the competent authorities, the release added.
Source- Exim IndiaPrevious Next