Eastern Canadian producers to offer as many as 10 January crude cargoes: source

Producers operating off the coast of the eastern Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador will offer as many as 10 crude cargoes for January loading, a source with knowledge of the program said.

Five cargoes of Hibernia crude plus one potential direct-to-market cargo are scheduled to load in January, compared with seven in December, the source said. The Hibernia project is co-owned by ExxonMobil (33.125%), Chevron (26.875%), Suncor (20%), Canada Hibernia Holding (8.5%), Murphy Oil (6.5%) and Statoil (5%).

There will be two cargoes of Terra Nova available in January, compared with one in December, the source said. Suncor, the operator of Terra Nova, has a 37.675% stake. The other partners in the field are ExxonMobil (19%), Statoil (15%), Husky Energy (13%), Murphy Oil (10.475%), Mosbacher Operating (3.85%) and Chevron (1%).

There will be two cargoes of White Rose available in January, the same as in December, the source added. Husky operates the White Rose field with a 72.5% stake, while Suncor holds the remaining 27.5%.

Source: Platts

Previous Next

There Is a Steady Growth in the Number of Indian Seafarers Employed: Dr. Malini V. Shankar, (IAS), Director General of Shipping

View More Videos


India Shipping and Offshore Summit

View All Albums