ECMA Conducts “Operations & Logistics at Container Freight Stations & Inland Container Depots” For Nigerian Delegates
- In executing a collaborativetraining sessioncombiningtheory and practical exposure to suit the requirements of “Federal Ministry of Transportation & Nigerian Shippers’ Council” East Coast Maritime Academy is providing for the first time from Visakhapatnam, “Operations & Logistics at Container Freight Stations & Inland Container Depots” training module.
- The training programme is taking place at Hotel Dolphin during the lastone week duration and will continue for the second batch in next week.The delegates are providedworking proficiency andfield expertise during the programme, by professional faculty, andthrough visitsto work sites in the Container Freight Stations and at dry ports.
- East Cost Maritime Academy is in association with Nigerian Agency M/s Halcrow Infrastructure, is catering to the design, execution, and teaching study materials successfully.ECMA is the first Professional Maritime Institute in Vizag who in conjunction with M/s. Halcrow Infrastructure is feeling proud that it could emerge as the First Institution in Vizag to take Vizag to the status of InternationalShipping & Logistics services trainingfacility.
- It is hoped that with effective technical and academic talents, ECMA, will bring inmore student communities / employableworking groups, to undergo this training, at theVizag Center.
- J.S.Rao, Director, ECMA leading theshipping & logistics services training hub, stated that provision of training toemployable working groups, and industry interface with the trainedpersonnelis going to providemid segment jobs to many aspirants, all over the ports sector in the State, and also in other States.
- Dean Mrs. Jagadhatri says, Indian government’s focus on building Port infrastructure will boost the trade prospects in India. This will lead to huge job opportunitiesin the logistics industry.
- Directors V. Gayatri & K. Venketaraman have confirmed that 2nd Batch of delegates will be arriving on Sunday for attending above training module for one week from Monday.
- Director Mr. Ramateertha says, Nigerian Shipper’s Council requires a professional interface with India and East Coast Maritime Academy is coming forward to do some value addition in this sector is welcome and it is hoped that this will continue for the sustained phase.
Source: Press Release